Some of the best sentences you will ever get when building your vocabulary can definitely come from blogs. The language and vocabulary usage in blogs is always changing to reflect how people talk in this day and age, and therefore are the perfect research tool for vocabulary sentence building.
Another huge advantage to blogs is that you can find them on absolutely any subject you are interested in in your target language. If you are interested in scuba diving and Norwegian for instance; or maybe fishing and Chinese. These articles and blogs are a great motivation, because you already know what you are learning about.
Now, I don't know a lot of Norwegian or Chinese, but I was able to come across these two articles in the span of a few minutes. Here is how I was able to do it:
Step 1 Think of your interest
This is the easy part. What are you passionate about in your native language? Do you like a certain type of music? Do you enjoy cooking or video games? The more you can narrow down your niche, the more it will be easy to understand the 'lingo' used in your target language.
Step 2 Translate your interest
Figure out how your interest is translated into your target language. For the Norwegian example above I used a simple online dictionary and typed in 'scuba diving' to receive 'snorkling.' After that I used Google search and searched only Norwegian sites for 'snorkling blog.' This gave me the search above.
For the Chinese example, I went to Google translate and typed in 'i love fishing' and translated it to Chinese (traditional) which gave me '?????' and 'blog' which returned '??.' I copied and pasted both of those with a space in between and googled it to get the above link.
Step 3 Google translate it
In Google Chrome it gives me the option to translate a whole page. I used this to make sure what I had searched for was what I wanted and was interesting.
- There may be instances where the blog has been written by a language learner or has mistakes. This is why it is imperative to RhinoSpike these sentences. People will see the mistakes and comment on them, as it will be hard for a native to read incorrect sentences.
Remember to go to the forums and request what language you would like me to do a video on! I will be creating a video for each of these steps.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades